Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
These terms apply whether you use our site as a guest or a registered user. Use of our site includes accessing, browsing, or registering to use our site.
Other applicable terms
Changes to these terms
Accessing our sites
Unless otherwise stated for any content and/or functionality our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content or functionality on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted.
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period. You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
Changes to our site
We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
No reliance on information
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Acceptable use & Content standards
a. Prohibited uses
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards (set out below);
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use;
- not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
b. Interactive services
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:
- Comment features.
- Bulletin boards.
- Question and answer features.
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
c. Content standards
These content standards apply to any and all Content which you contribute to our site and to any interactive services associated with it. You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards.
- be accurate (where they state facts).
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- Promote violence;
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trademark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person;
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- Promote any illegal activity;
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case;
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990.
We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Linking to our site
You may link to our site, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
Our site must not be framed on any other site.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out above.
User data removal
You have the right to request the deletion of your user account and personal data by contacting us at email@example.com.
Content removal process
If you become aware of any Content which you believe may violate these Terms, is defamatory, offensive, illegal, or invades your privacy, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org with details.
We will review the Content in question and determine whether it should be removed. As ‘innocent disseminators’ of the Content on this site, our policy is to remove Content only when there is a clear legal obligation for us to do so – we will defend our users’ right to freedom of speech if we have sufficient reason to believe that content was posted in good faith, without malice and is the honestly held opinion of the author.
We will notify you of our decision as soon as reasonably practicable. If you disagree with our judgement on the removal of Content and still wish it to be removed, we ask that you follow the requirements of the Pre-Action Protocol for Defamation. It is advisable to seek legal guidance on this if necessary.
Limitation of our liability
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
Please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked to from our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
To contact us, please email email@example.com. Thank you for visiting our site.